1. Customer advocacy: If you have a problem with a particular part of your travel experience, the travel consultant is there to act on your behalf to see that restitution is made. The American Society of Travel Agents, for example, is the only travel industry association aggressively fighting to improve the travel experience, and air transportation in particular, for all consumers, not just those with access to the Internet.
2. Expert guidance: Travel consultants, unlike instructions on a Web page, are experts in understanding and deciphering the myriad of travel information and codes out there. It’s what they’ve been trained to do and they do it every day.
3. Personalized service: Instead of an impersonal voice thousands of miles away, local travel consultants are your neighbors. They know what you want and what you value in your travel experience.
4. Professional advice: Travel consultants are there to make sure you get where you want to go, when you want to go and for the lowest price. They know which resorts are good and which ones you should stay away from.
5. Time: Instead of checking a long list of travel Web pages, which only provide rates and fares for the companies that have contracted with them, why not go straight to the source? A travel consultant has all the information at their fingertips, saving you many hours in front of a computer screen.
6. Unbiased information: Travel consultants work for their clients, not for a travel supplier. It makes sense that a happy customer will be a repeat customer. They have your best interests at heart.
7. Value: Travel professionals have access to online deals, as well as many consolidators that only work with travel agencies. A travel consultant will help you find the best products that provide you the most value. Rather than costing you extra, they actually really DO SAVE you money!
8. First-Hand Experience: Many travel professionals have been to where you want to go and will give you the inside-scoop on what to do
and when to do it. Look for a travel professional that is an expert in your chosen destination or type of travel.
9. Honeymoon Registry: Many travel agencies offer honeymoon registries, where you can get part of your trip paid for as gifts. This is wonderful for those couples who already have household items. Look for those that offer this service for FREE, as Memorable Travels does, and gives you 100% of what is given in your name.